Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Barack Obama Makes History


WHEN I SAW this image on the television, I burst into tears.



And again when this one flashed.

And by the time he finished the following speech, I was weeping.



Remarks of Senator Barack Obama
Final Primary Night
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008
St. Paul, Minnesota


As Prepared for Delivery

Tonight, after fifty-four hard-fought contests, our primary season has finally come to an end.

Sixteen months have passed since we first stood together on the steps of the Old State Capitol in Springfield, Illinois. Thousands of miles have been traveled. Millions of voices have been heard. And because of what you said – because you decided that change must come to Washington; because you believed that this year must be different than all the rest; because you chose to listen not to your doubts or your fears but to your greatest hopes and highest aspirations, tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another – a journey that will bring a new and better day to America. Tonight, I can stand before you and say that I will be the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.

I want to thank every American who stood with us over the course of this campaign – through the good days and the bad; from the snows of Cedar Rapids to the sunshine of Sioux Falls. And tonight I also want to thank the men and woman who took this journey with me as fellow candidates for President.

At this defining moment for our nation, we should be proud that our party put forth one of the most talented, qualified field of individuals ever to run for this office. I have not just competed with them as rivals, I have learned from them as friends, as public servants, and as patriots who love America and are willing to work tirelessly to make this country better. They are leaders of this party, and leaders that America will turn to for years to come.

Continue reading...








LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING



We made history.

3 comments:

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

I wept too :) Some of the happiest tears ever.

muriel may campbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
muriel may campbell said...

"aint no body do me like Jesus

lift me up and turn me around'

The Circle is closing, denstiny is bringing us all back
may we forever stand
LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING

"Millions of voices have been heard"..........
..."you chose to listen not to your doubts or your fears but to your greatest hopes and highest aspirations, tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another"....
Barack Obama

LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING

Shooby Taylor made me laugh through my tears, still welling up from every cell in my body, remembering the day of our first caucus in Maine, coming together, doing what we do best, lifting one another up

LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING

a great collection of different renditions of music that lifts us up