Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

To all fathers, enjoy your day. Honor yourselves.

To those of you who have fathers, appreciate them while you still have them.

To Frank, my birthfather, thank you for bringing me into the world.

Daddy, I miss you terribly. Rest in peace.



(As soon as I posted this, the sky started crying profusely. A late-spring thunder shower against the backdrop of a rising sun. An enthralling scene. God beating the devil, you used to say. I say you knew my vegetable garden needed watering. Thanks, Daddy. In a few weeks, I'll cook a pot of collard greens just for you.)

3 comments:

wbg said...

Great picture of your dad!
Know that I'm thonking of you on this first father's day without him.

Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Craig, i'm thinking of you today.
love Elize

Craig Hickman said...

Thanks, family.