Friday, November 07, 2008

Thank You



BEFORE TAKING the stage to give his acceptance speech, President-Elect Barack Obama sent this message to his supporters:

I'm about to head to Grant Park to talk to everyone gathered there, but I wanted to write to you first.

We just made history.

And I don't want you to forget how we did it.

You made history every single day during this campaign -- every day you knocked on doors, made a donation, or talked to your family, friends, and neighbors about why you believe it's time for change.

I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent, and passion to this campaign. We have a lot of work to do to get our country back on track, and I'll be in touch soon about what comes next.

But I want to be very clear about one thing...

All of this happened because of you.

Thank you,

Barack

Soon, I'll find my own words to express what this all means to me. I'm still in disbelief.

1 comment:

oddman said...

I knoow you're still in disbelief. I've been waiting for your words on it all. I'm so thrilled for you, Craig. I can imagine you dancing on your farm, hee hee! It makes me happy to know you're so happy - along with so many more Americans. And ppl of other countries too. Did you read about the celebrations in Kenya? That's amazing.