Sunday, August 31, 2008

Call to Action

Sarah Palin as John McCain's runningmate is the most cynical political personnel selection since George H.W. Bush appointed Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court. I don't have much to about the former Alaska beauty queen because she's a gimmick. A distraction. There's simply no there there. I believe this selection reveals John McCain's utter disregard for women and his contempt for this nation.

We must act.

I urge you all to cut and paste the following letter and submit it to the editors of your local newspapers.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

::

Unfit to Lead

John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his runningmate is disturbing. Not because he picked a candidate whose resume reveals little to recommend her for the job. Who doesn’t know anything about Iraq. Who asked, “What exactly does the VP do everyday?”

It's disturbing because John McCain is telling us that, in a dangerous world, he would leave this nation in the hands of a person he's only met once. Or twice depending on who you believe.

If I made out a will and entrusted my children to the care of a person I'd only met once or twice, what would that say about my fitness as a parent? What would that say about my regard for my children’s well-being? About my judgment?

Country first?

John McCain is dangerously unfit to lead this nation.

No comments: