Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Obama Wins My Native State


Senator Obama embraces Tracy Jopek who lost her son Ryan in Iraq. He mentioned Ryan in his victory speech before 20,000 supporters in Houston. Read the story.

LAST NIGHT, I was nervous. Among friends, I had been predicting a Hillary Clinton upset in Wisconsin. But that was before I recalled that Wisconsinites don't like negative politics. Something I didn't remember until the elections returns starting rolling in, indicating that Senator Clinton was about to take her ninth loss in a row. And then her tenth in Hawaii. Both by landslides.

But my anxiety revealed just how emotionally invested I am in the presidential primary race. How strongly I've embraced Barack Obama as my candidate for the next leader of the free world.

I outlined here how I came to this place. But as people on a spiritual path are fully aware, the more we look, the more we see.

Yesterday I stumbled across a serious of stories on the importance of the narrative in a presidential campaign.

It was among the best political writing I've read in a long time. Certainly because it spoke to me as a storyteller. The three enlightening articles are linked below.

The Power of the Campaign Narrative
Seventeen Candidates in Search of a Story
The Triumph of Narrative

Related Article
Friendly Advice for Hillary: The Best Way to Play a Losing Hand

2 comments:

oddman said...

I read the related article about Hilary - makes some good points. But would she do it? Sounds like the smartest move for her, IMVHO.

Craig Hickman said...

I doubt it.